Skip to main content

Two Poems on Palestine

Although I'm not that much of an artsy person, I tend to appreciate a good piece of art every now and then. So, I decided to post a few poems about Palestine from the net.

Where is Palestine ?
Guess what ?
They want me to forget
Forget my Country
Palestine
They said
Come to our Country
Our Country is your Country
Our home is your home
But your Country is our Country
And your Home ???
Will be demolished
Where is Palestine ?
We will help you find a job
We will send your kids to school
We will give you food stamps
You will join our club
Slick hosted a fool
And forget about Palestine
I said
What you are talking about ?
You never understood
And you will never understand
This is my Mother
My Ancestor's Land
My eyes, my Heart
My honor, my right hand
How can I forget ?
Palestine The Coast
Palestine Inland
Bethlehem's Ghost
Jerusalem's Soul Of God
The Olive Tree
In my back yard
The victim of your Jet
A kid missed his Dad
The Golan's height
The raid of Baghdad
Heart of Palestine
I will add to what I have said
You don't see what I see
Your tyranny will come to an end
From Palestine you will flee
The lucky ones will be dead
Unless , peacefully you come to me
With clean heart, and clear head
I hug you, you hug me
Praise The Lord
And Our Country Palestine.
That was kind of haiku-like, but let's get one in Arabic. The title of this poem, written by Mohammad Edgheim, is Palestine... for the Heart and the Eye.
فـلـسـطـيـن ا لـقـلـب وا لـعـيـن
11/11/2001

مـاذا أ سـمَـع ، مـاذا أ سَـمـع فـعـيـونـي مـن ا لـقـهـر تـدمـع
رأسي ا لـذي با لمنطق يقـنع يـكـا د مـن الآلا م يـتـصــد ع
وقـلـبي مـن هــول ا لجـريمة يـكا د يـتـفجـرغـضـبا يـتـقـطع
مـن يـدافع عـن نـفسه بحـجر يـقابل ا لـيوم بطـا ئرة ومـدفع !
شـعـب بـرئ مـعـتـدى عـليه مـن إ سـرائـيـل والعـالم أجـمع
شعارهم الكـبيريـموت قهـرا والصغـيريـنسى فـلسطين كـمرجع
لا فـلا والله لـن يـكـون لـهـم لواغـتا لوا كـل الشـعـب سـنرجَـع

عهـدا سـنـقاوم الغاصب المحتـل إلى أن تعـود ألأ رض ونـرجَـع
هـل غـدا الدفاع عـن العـرض جـريمة وتـحـرير الأرض أبشع؟
من يدافع عـن بيـته وأرضه ليحـمي أولا ده والظلم عـنهم يرفع
مـتـهـم بـالإ رهـا ب والعــدوان حـتى يـذ ل ولـلأ شرار يــركـع
شعـوب ألأرض المضلـلة عـفوا هـل الحـق والعـدالة ثوب مرقع؟

هـذا قـدر فـلسطـين وشعـبها قـتـل وتـنكيـل فماغـيرالدفاع نصنع؟
سـوف نرجَـع سـوف نرجَـع رغـم إسـرائـيـل وأصـدقا ئها أجَـمع
Just for anyone with an art sense. I'll be putting more when I have the time.

Salaam, from
Saracen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What "Culture Clash"?

I hear this all the time, and yet I still have yet to not only materialistically comprehend this prospect, but to philosophically grasp it. There are so many cultures and races that dot this earth, and yet we have seen them come and go as well. But how can cultures themselves clash? To answer this question, one should take a look at the definition of culture. The word culture , from the Latin colo, -ere, with its root meaning "to cultivate", generally refers to patterns of human activity and the symbolic structures that give such activity significance. Different definitions of "culture" reflect different theoretical bases for understanding, or criteria for evaluating, human activity. Note the definition: patterns of personal activity. Patterns by themselves are immeasurable and also immaterial. However, the only material object encountered in the definition is the set of "symbolic structures" that represent these patterns and give them significance. Cult

حول قرار حماس تشكيل قوة مشتركة من الفصائل

هذا النص يتحدث عن التشقق في الحكومة الفلسطينية, وكيف استغلوا القوات الصهيونية على التفرق بين حماس ومنظمة التخريب " فتح" التي خانت الفاسطينيون لخدمة نفسها ولخدمة "إسراءيل". تأليف د. إبراهيم علوش قرار وزير داخلية السلطة الفلسطينية، القائمة على مرجعية اتفاقية أوسلو، بتشكيل قوة مشتركة من الفصائل العسكرية الفلسطينية المقاومة، وقرار محمود عباس رئيس سلطة أوسلو بشطب قرار وزير الداخلية سعيد صيام بتشكيل تلك القوة المشتركة، أثار الكثير من التكهنات واللغط حول مغزى تلك الخطوة وأبعادها. ومثل كل قرار سياسي، هناك دائماً واجهة خارجية وأجندة خفية، خاصة عندما نتعامل مع قوى قررت أن تكون جزءاً من الواقع السائد بدلاً من الانقلاب عليه. فالانضمام لركب أوسلو، على أساس مشروع "تغييره من الداخل"، يترك المرء بالضرورة أسير مساومات لا يمكن إلا أن تمس بالثوابت وبالمرجعيات التاريخية لصراعنا مع الحركة الصهيونية منذ أكثر من قرن. وبالمقابل، فإن قرار محمود عباس بشطب قرار وزير الداخلية يرتبط بدوره بحسابات التنافس الداخلي، ليس فقط على الصلاحيات، بل على كل دوره التاريخي هو وفتح. المهم، يمكن أن ت

Book Review: "The Crusade through Arab Eyes" by Amin Maalouf

The bulk of modern history regarding the Crusades has an unashamedly Western slant to it. Even a cursory search of the word "crusade" on Amazon Books reveals a plethora of books written by authors from the U.K., the U.S., and elsewhere in the Western world, but a severe (emphasis) paucity of books from a more Arab perspective. One book that stands out is Amin Maalouf's "The Crusades through Arab Eyes", a book I believe is much-needed given the overall bias inherent in the gestalt of Western history books on this topic. The gold standard for history on the Crusades is currently the "The Oxford History of the Crusades", another book I will review in the not-so-distant future (and expect comparisons to this book given that I have completed reading it). The too-long-didn't-read version of this review is the following: if you're interested in history, buy it, read it, and keep it. Nevertheless, my full review follows. For those who are un